Beauty queens at war: Now Miss Lebanon claims Miss Israel ‘chased her for days’ before ambushing her in Miss Universe selfie that sparked outrage in her country.
- Saly Greige faced outrage in her country when the selfie was posted
- The two countries are still officially at war even though there has been no significant conflict between them since 2006
- Her agent now claims that Miss Israel had been constantly ‘chasing’ her Lebanese rival – and that it was part of a wider plot dating since November
- He has lodged an official complaint with pageant organisers but expects they will not want to become embroiled in politics
- Miss Israel, Doron Matalon, claims the whole episode is ‘sad’, telling Miss Lebanon: ‘Too bad you can’t put the hostility out of the game’